Check out the Pretty.Simple.Things website:

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A stunning idea...

I have never quite fallen in love with a DIY idea, like I have with this one from Style Me Pretty.I love the simplicity of creating this amazing installation, and the surprise sentiment held inside each butterflies wings. I would love to do this for my daughter's next birthday, in the nursery at the celebration of a new baby's birth, for a baby shower, or at a housewarming party.  The idea of a traditional guestbook has always been rather unappealing to me, however, I do love to read the notes written in our wedding guestbook, and I deeply cherish the album that was made by my co-workers and friends at the baby shower they threw me, which is filled with polaroids taken at the party, and sweet notes from each of them. What strikes me about this variation on the guestbook, is the collaborative effort of those closest to you to create such a stunning work of art, that you can look at every day to be reminded of the support and love you have in your life. 







No comments:

Post a Comment